Learning how to stop drinking is half the battle of alcohol. Every heavy drinker wants to quit.
Beating alcohol addiction is something that millions of people have accomplished. Alcohol is destructive and can leave particular person homeless and drunk and in the actual gutter.
So when my doctor told me I had to stop drinking alcohol, or "I would DIE"! I stopped, there and then.
Now I know that is not an easy thing to do, but I was diagnosed with Cirrhosis of the Liver, and if I wanted to live more than 6 months I had to stop drinking alcohol and follow a very boring diet. I did it, but a lot of people would have trouble with going cold turkey. My Doctor has told me since, that 95% of his patients still drink, and a lot of them die because of it.
While the addiction is challenging to overcome, the steps are straightforward.
The following steps are clear, practical steps that each drinker can choose to use to win the battle of the bottle. Learning to stop drinking alcohol is a journey and with that there become ups and downs, and the beginning will be the greatest challenge.
With time, the war is actually won, and you can live an alcohol free lifestyle.
1. Self belief. Self belief is the first step and one very sound. Yes, it is vital to admit you can be an alcoholic, but, you also must believe that you're able to stop drinking. Announcing to yourself that there is the determination and also the drive to stop drinking is worthwhile. Tell yourself, I can quit drinking, and I will quit drinking, and reinforce yourself once a day with self faith. With self belief, you are giving yourself the chance to begin the journey of an alcohol free lifestyle.
2. Determine why you drink and your own drink. Are you a social drinker. 1 which hides in the closet? Are merely drinker that drinks with colleagues from work each anti aging night. Getting to know your pattern enables you to to avoid situations that involve drinking.
3. List the benefits of not drinking. Jot down all the key benefits of not drinking. Think how your health will enrich. Consider how your family and friends will benefit. Jot down how good you feel when you cannot drink. Like in is loving toward not drinking, write it down. Browse the list each day and know that you consider the steps that are important to discontinue.
4. Positive reminders are also crucial. Day-to-day remind yourself of the positive things usually are happening can ever have because are not drinking. Tell yourself out loud how great you look. Think of how far get come, even within the very first day. Be a friend to yourself, and pat yourself towards the back.
5. Negative reminders are also essential. Reminding yourself of the destructiveness of alcohol is essential. Each day remind yourself the sickening feelings that comes along with drinking.
6. Change pets. Most alcoholics have friends that drink, also. Now, more than ever, is period to distance yourself from friends that drink and find new companions that reside an alcohol free lifestyle.
7. Get new routines. It's very important to replace the bottle with new routines. As opposed to heading for your bottle, head for the gym, or perhaps social group. Take the time to the true reason for things that you simply and enjoy them.
© stop-drinking-alcohol.com - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.